So, as Sandy has mentioned via Twitter that we have decided to pull out of Canterlot Gardens. We’re sorry we had to do this so soon leading up to the convention but as we got closer to the event it didn’t seem like there was a fit for us.
We were contacted early on by CLG who was very generous in offering us free airfare for both of us to attend. After spending some time to go over if we could fit in another convention after Everfree Northwest we decided we would go for it. After that the convention did not contact us for several months and afterwards were surprised to hear we had been planning to attend and had been announcing our attendance on the show for the past four months.
Anyway, we got the breakdown of what we would be able to do at the convention last night. I went over the details with Sandy and outlined our concerns as follows:
- We were only going to be able to have a 45 minute Q&A at 9:30 AM on Saturday. This is half the time of our usual recordings.
- Our offerings for said event was the security room which could fit 10-15 people (after booting out security staff), the bar which could fit ? people if the hotel would let us (standing room only), or the area around the pool which still required hotel permission and doesn’t seem like the best place to record (water, acoustics, no PA).
- We have zero access to any guests. All events were already accounted for and there was no way we could get any time on the main floor sans a single panel for Legends of Equestria. Any access would have to be on a ‘please be on our show omg’ basis.
- All suite space was booked so we would have no room to do a livestream. Thursday was sold out and only king size single rooms were available.
- No table space to sell any of our merchandise.
- Even after telling them we were going to attend for months and then reaffirming we planned to attend we were never added to the guest page on Canterlot Gardens site (even after other guests were added).
- Not having us come saves the convention roughly $700
- Everything is going to be covered in the main room by Everfree Radio anyway so there’s no room for another media outlet
So, after going over these things we decided that Canterlot Gardens was just not a good fit for us at this point. The guys already have a packed guest sheet and the extra funds can be put towards more awesome content for the con. We hope that Perry, Klisk, and the rest of the team over there have a fantastic convention. If you planning to attend CLG I hope you still do. As a past convention board member every registration for a first year con is sacred. However, I’m sure the CLG team will be happy to work with you regarding memberships if otherwise.
As always, our fans are super awesome and we I hate to disappoint. None of this is in the name of drama – we only want to make sure that those fans coming to see us have ample opportunity to watch us perform and interact with us.
Sandy and I are already reaching out and planning to attend many conventions over the next year including the next Bronycon. Again, I am sorry for any of you who were hoping to catch us at CLG and I hope we can make it up to you in the coming months with more awesome content.
Til then, sleep well everypony.